Preliminary F3Q21 Results: 21% YoY Revenue Growth Drives Top & Bottom Line Beats
|52 Week Range||$2.75-$11.12|
|Avg. Daily Vol. (30 day)||1,162,740|
|Shares Out (MM)||205|
|Market Cap (MM)||$1,273.00|
|Insiders Own %||86%|
|Short Int./% of Float||4.8 / 4.3%|
|Debt to Equity||1941%|
|Revenue TTM (MM)||$903|
|Fiscal Year End||June|
- Extreme described itself as “coming out of COVID in a stronger position than ever before,” with revenue of $253 million, which was $8 million above consensus. Non-GAAP EPS was $0.16, which was also above the consensus of $0.13. Non-GAAP gross margin came in at 61.5%, and a non-GAAP operating margin of 11.3%. The company expects to realize “meaningful” interest expense savings beginning in F4Q21 driven by its stronger financial position.
- Positive trends include the company’s “most successful product launch” ever with 6520, its first universal hardware platform product. Future universal hardware product launches are expected this year, and the company expects some, but limited, benefit to gross margin because of the universal hardware platform, saying it would likely be in the “tens of basis points” range. Also Sports and Entertainment verticals began to recover in the quarter.
- Possible concerns include product book-to-bill, which was down from 1.23x in 2FQ21 to 1.06x in 3FQ21. Recurring revenue was also down slightly sequentially from $74.3 million to $73.9 million in 3FQ21. Manufacturing and Retail are seeing a flat demand and are still experiencing lower than pre-COVID demand levels. F4Q21 gross margin guidance of 60.5-61.5% is below F3Q21’s 61.5% due to higher component costs.
- Guidance for 4FQ21 for $260-270 million in revenue is above consensus of $253 million, non-GAAP EPS guidance is $0.16-0.20, above consensus of $0.16 at the midpoint. The company believes it is in a “favorable” supply chain situation compared to its competitors.
- The stock is trading at a forward P/S of 1.22x, slightly near its two-year high P/S of 1.24x back in February.
- Read our initiation and other reports on Extreme Networks on our website.
Headquartered in San Jose, CA, with 2,800 employees, Extreme Networks provides software-driven networking services for enterprise customers. Its products include wired and wireless network infrastructure equipment and software for network management, policy, analytics, and access controls. It offers high-density Wi-Fi, centralized management, cloud-based network management, and application analytics capabilities. The company serves several end-markets including Government & Education (>35% of sales), Healthcare (>10%), Manufacturing (~10%), Retail Logistics / Transportation (~10%), Telco / Service Provider (<10%), and Sports / Entertainment & Hospitality (<5%). Roughly half of the firm's revenue is generated in the Americas, with the rest coming from Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
Extreme described itself as “coming out of COVID in a stronger position than ever before,” with revenue of $253 million, which was $8 million above consensus. Non-GAAP EPS was $0.16, which was also above the consensus of $0.13. Non-GAAP gross margin came in at 61.5%, and a non-GAAP operating margin of 11.3%. The company expects to realize “meaningful” interest expense savings beginning in F4Q21 driven by its stronger financial position.
Water Tower Research (“WTR”) is a professional publisher of investment research reports on public companies and, to a lesser extent, private firms (“the Companies”). WTR provides investor-focused content and digital distribution strategies designed to help companies communicate with investors.
WTR is not a registered investment adviser or a broker/dealer nor does WTR provide investment banking services. WTR operates as an exempt investment adviser under the so called “publishers’ exemption” from the definition of investment adviser under Section 202(a)(11) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. WTR does not provide investment ratings / recommendations or price targets on the companies it reports on. Readers are advised that the research reports are published and provided solely for informational purposes and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities or the rendering of investment advice. The information p...