Cloud-driven networking delivers a significant advantage
|52 Week Range||$1.43-$8.00|
|Avg. Daily Vol. (30 day)||1,006,403|
|Shares Out (MM)||187|
|Market Cap (MM)||$547.00|
|Institutional Ownership %||86%|
|Short Int./% of Float||4.8 / 4.2%|
|Debt to Equity||76|
|Revenue TTM (MM)||$948|
- Extreme Networks is widely viewed as being well positioned for the growth of Government and Education, and to exploit its cloud-based systems.
- We see cloud-based management solutions continuing to take market share in both hardware and networking markets. The centralized data allows for better predictions and operations, and the cloud makes it cost effective.
- Global internet penetration has grown from 25% in 2010 to 62% in 2020 (by Internet World Stats) and is projected to grow to 90% by 2030 (by Cybersecurity Ventures). However, consensus projections are for a 1% growth in industry revenues the next three years, down from a +5% CAGR the last decade.
- Networking market share changes tend to take time as multi-vendor customers are rare. Taking share from Cisco, Arista, and Juniper will be difficult, thus Extreme’s strategy to focus on cloud-driven differentiation in markets where it has a significant presence is the best approach in management’s opinion.
- The company has nearly completed its hardware refresh (36 of 40 target refreshes are done, out of a total of 57 products). The next step is a universal product platform approach. The progress of the universal platform and the growth in subscription customers are milestones to expanding gross margin above 60% in 2HFY21 by company estimates.
- Consensus expectations for Extreme are for both sales and EPS growth over the next year. The company has said it is “guarded” with its view of the rebound, which it expects will move slowly. F1Q21 earnings are expected to be released on 28-Oct-2020, after a positive pre-announcement.
employees, Extreme Networks provides software-driven networking services for enterprise customers. Its products include wired and wireless network infrastructure equipment and software for network management, policy, analytics, and access controls. It offers high-density Wi-Fi, centralized management, cloud-based network management, and application analytics capabilities. The company serves a number of end-markets including Government & Education (>35% of sales), Healthcare (>10%), Manufacturing (~10%), Retail Logistics / Transportation (~10%), Telco / Service Provider (<10%), and Sports / Entertainment & Hospitality (<5%). Roughly half of the firm's revenue is generated in the Americas, with the rest coming from Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
Extreme Networks is widely viewed as being well positioned for the growth of Government and Education, and to exploit its cloud-based systems.
Water Tower Research (“WTR”) is a professional publisher of investment research reports on public companies and, to a lesser extent, private firms (“the Companies”). WTR provides investor-focused content and digital distribution strategies designed to help companies communicate with investors.
WTR is not a registered investment adviser or a broker/dealer nor does WTR provide investment banking services. WTR operates as an exempt investment adviser under the so called “publishers’ exemption” from the definition of investment adviser under Section 202(a)(11) of the Investment Advisers Act of 1940. WTR does not provide investment ratings / recommendations or price targets on the companies it reports on. Readers are advised that the research reports are published and provided solely for informational purposes and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy securities or the rendering of investment advice. The information p...